We’ll help you understand cognitive function and behaviour then make appropriate recommendations.
What can our Neuropsychologists help with?
A neuropsychological assessment can be done at any point throughout the lifespan, but looks a little different depending on the age of the client.
The types of questions that we can assist with include:
- Eligibility for funding and supports, including NDIS
- Diagnosis of ADHD, ASD and learning difficulties
- School readiness
- VCE exam modifications
- Return to work or study
- Understanding the impact of medical disorders on thinking and behaviour
- Understanding the impact of trauma on thinking and behaviour
- Recommendations to improve daily function
What is involved in a Neuropsychological Assessment?
While a paediatric assessment is likely to take between 2-4 sessions an assessment of a young adult or older person may be conducted in a single session. Sessions can be spread out depending on individual need.
Assessments routinely include:
- A detailed interview and questionnaires to understand the nature of the problem and impact on day-to-day function
- Face-to-face assessment
- A separate feedback session
- A detailed report integrating the above information with individual recommendations
We focus on some or all of the following skills:
- Intellectual function
(non-verbal assessments available if required)
- New learning and memory
- Executive functions, including complex thinking and behavioural control
- Academic achievement, including specific aspects of literacy and numeracy